This page has been Textised!
The original page address was http://www.fau.edu/furc/index.php
Hosted by Florida Atlantic University
Feb. 24-25, 2017
[Image: boca aerial]
for FURC 2017 venues and parking. See
of workshop session locations.
The Florida Undergraduate Research Conference (FURC) is one of the nation's largest multi-disciplinary research conferences. It is an annual event open to all undergraduate researchers in the state of Florida to present their research in a poster forum. Every year the conference will be hosted at a different university in the state on the last weekend in February. In addition to research presentations, there are also exhibitors from graduate programs and other opportunities targeted for students involved in undergraduate research. Programs from past events can be seen here:
The 2017 Florida Undergraduate Research Conference will be held in Boca Raton at the campus of Florida Atlantic University (FAU), February 24-25, 2017. FAU was founded in 1964 in Boca Raton on an 850-acre site located near the Atlantic Ocean. The campus is located half way between Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale, offers a broad range of academic programs and activities, and is conveniently located near beaches, nature centers, and a wide variety of restaurants and shopping.
Abstract deadline January 11, 2017
Acceptance letters will be sent on a rolling basis, by January 27, 2017
Registration for students and faculty ($50) runs October 1, 2016, through February 6, 2017
Please mention The Florida Atlantic University FURC rate/code when booking:
Abstract Deadline: January 11, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. EST
Guidelines: Your abstract should describe the central research question and the purpose of the research, provide a brief discussion of the methodology, and state the conclusions and significance.
- Include plain text only (no images, graphics or special characters).
- Note: The title and author(s) of your abstract will appear EXACTLY as they are entered in the abstract submission form. Ensure correct punctuation and spelling before submitting.
Please note the final day to request a refund is February 6, 2017. Each cancellation will incur a $20 processing fee deducted from the refund. Cancellation notices received after
February 6, 2017
, will result in forfeiture of the registration fee.
- Poster presentations are paper displays that must be printed in advance. There will not be room for models/devices/computers or other visual aids.
- Posters should be 3 feet x 4 feet.
Abstracts/artist statements are limited to 250 words, include an introductory statement, your approach/methods any results, and a discussion/conclusion. Abstract over 250 words may be rejected. Only submit plain text - do NOT include any pictures, graphs, or special characters.
Submit Abstracts Information
The Florida Undergraduate Research Conference planning committee and the FURC State Board are excited to invite you to participate in the 2017 graduate admissions/recruiters fair as a part of the 2017 Florida Undergraduate Research Conference. Choosing to participate will provide you access to hundreds of Florida's best and brightest students. These are students who have a keen interest in pursuing graduate school after completing their undergraduate programs.
Over the last six years, the Florida Undergraduate Research Conference has become a showcase for the impressive and innovative research being done by undergraduate students from around the state. At the most recent conference, over 500 people were in attendance at The University of Tampa, including students, faculty, and staff from the major state institutions as well as primarily undergraduate institutions throughout Florida.
Recruiters will be located in the center of the Student Union, near the poster presentation area, putting them in the center of FURC 2017 activity. The registration fee of $300 includes credentials to attend the opening reception, lunch on Saturday, table (2 chairs), tech support, parking, and access to the best and brightest undergraduate researchers in the State of Florida.
Please note the final day to request a refund is January 27, 2017. Each cancellation may incur a $20 processing fee deducted from the refund. Cancellation notices received after January 27, 2017, will result in forfeiture of the registration fee.
Friday, Feb. 24
- 5 - 7 p.m. Registration and Reception, Florida Atlantic University Football Stadium, Delray Hyundai Deck (second floor - outside patio)
- 6 p.m. Keynote presentation: TBD
Saturday, Feb. 25
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast, FAU Student Union Lobby
- 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Poster Session 1, FAU Student Union, Grand Palm Room
- 9:45 – 10:30 a.m. Workshop Session 1, FAU Student Union (various rooms)
- 10:45 –11:45 a.m. Poster Session 2, FAU Student Union,Grand Palm Room
- 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Lunch and Graduate Recruiter Fair, FAU Atlantic Dining Hall and FAU Student Union Lobby
- 1:15 – 2:15 p.m. Poster Session 3, FAU Student Union, Grand Palm Room
- 2:30 – 3:15 p.m. Workshop Session 2, FAU Student Union (various rooms)
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. Poster Session 4, FAU Student Union, Grand Palm Room
ALL DAY Recruiter Fair, FAU Student Union Lobby
Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
"Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves."
An Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution
© Copyright 2016. Florida Atlantic University
Textise: Back to top